Cold weather is right around the corner and there’s nothing worse than getting stuck out in the cold taking care of lawn maintenance you could have done while the temperatures were still agreeable. Take our advice – go ahead and get these things out of the way, now! C&M Residential has been caring for Marietta, GA homeowner’s landscapes for several decades, we know what we’re talking about.
- Do a once over on your roof, yard, and pipes. Now is a great time to insulate your pipes instead of the first night it’s dropping to 20 degrees.
- Remove leaves and debris from gutters. Clogged gutters can cause water damage to your home the first time we get heavy rain.
- Inspect your chimney. Fires are a major hazard and can be caused by clogged or faulty chimneys. Get them fixed before you’re trying to roast your s’mores.
- Take a good look at the health of the trees around your home. If Georgia gets another heavy snowfall this year, you don’t want to have to remove a tree branch from your roof or car. Have it removed now before it causes any major damage.
- Take the leaves off of your grass. Contrary to popular belief that decaying leaves provide fertilizer and nutrients to your lawn, they actually help build up mold and fungus and can kill your lawn.
Did we miss something that’s essential on your list of to-dos for fall? Let us know. We’d love to hear what you put at the top of your priority list for your home maintenance in Atlanta, GA.