Do you dream of a landscape that looks like an enchanted fairy garden, a tropical escape, or a quaint English countryside? Winter lays bare the bones of your land, making it the ideal season for redesigning its accoutrements. Design changes made in January and February are easy to implement in March, when spring begins sprouting. But where to begin?
5 Principles of Landscape Design
- Be practical. A sprawling, artistic water garden may look gorgeous, but between upkeep and the lack of useable space, it’s probably not the best choice for your Marietta landscape. Instead, incorporate elements of your favorite garden trends into your yard in a practical, livable way.
- Be creative. Don’t be afraid to mix textures, use bold color combinations, or incorporate new design trends like using locally sourced, natural hardscaping elements in the garden. Just make sure that for every bold stroke, there’s also an area of rest.
- Be yourself. Do you love simplistic flowerbeds or tall, wild flowering shrubs? Design a landscape that shows off your personal style, even if it’s not the current trend.
- Be prepared. As much as we love spring flowers, they don’t bloom all year. Plant for a variety of seasons, making sure to include classic hardscaping designs that will keep the lawn beautiful even in the dead of winter.
- Be open. Whether it’s a fresh idea on Pinterest or a design crafted by the landscape architects at C&M Residential, keeping your mind open will allow your landscape to reach new heights.
Are you ready for a change? Call C&M Residential for landscape design tips in Marietta, GA.